Why Can't I Get Pregnant with IVF
I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years with 5 failed IUIs and one failed IVF. My IVF process went very well:
Day 0: produced 27 eggs and 22 mature
Day 1: 15 fertilized eggs
Day 3: 8 good quality embryos with 8 cells, 1 embryo 9 cells, 3 embryos 6 cells
Day 5: 3 blastocysts (5AB, 5BA, 3BB) and 4 early blastocyst, 1 compacting, 1 morula
I transferred 2 blastocysts (5AB and 5BA) but did not get pregnant. I did get cramping for a couple of days after the transfer but within a week the cramping was gone.
Generally, I have a very regular menstrual cycle (28 days). My ovulation usually lies on day 14. I have tracked my cycle several times in the past and can identify the following:
- My BBT during my period is 36.2C
- Week after period 36.4C (remains relatively constant) and I notice white thick creamy mucus (I have to wear panty liners)
- I get the LH surge on day 12 and my mucus starts thinning and gets more transparent
- Temperature sometimes dips to 36.2C on day 13/14/15 (Ultrasounds were also done to confirm ovulation) my mucus is transparent
- Temperature rises next day to 36.6C and mucus is still transparent
- Week after ovulation gradual rise to 36.8C and mucus get thicker and white again (my breast grow bigger and many times hurt)
- Week before period I get a gradual drop of temperature and experience light cramping a few days before it is due. (My temper is the highest during this week and I get very moody.)
- Day before period temperature is 36.2C and I get brown spotting for a day or two before heavy flow.
Menstrual Period Begins:
- First 2 days of flow is relatively heavy with dark red color and some clotting (Sometimes I get 2 big clots 1.5 cm, but rest of clots are small). I have painful cramps that gradually go away as I get through the first two days. I also get a very cold feeling in my uterus.
- 3rd day I still have a flow but not as heavy with bright red color
- 4th day I sometimes do not get any bleeding on that day
- 5th day flow is very light and brown in color
- 6th light brown spotting
- 7th white discharge indicating the end of my period
I have done several tests that indicate that everything is normal. My progesterone level goes to levels of 10 or higher in unstimulated cycles and to levels of 46 or higher in stimulated cycles. I did a hysterosalpingogram to check my uterus and tubes. Tubes are open and uterus is good (they think it's a little bit big but they found no fibroids).
Ultrasound shows that I get 3 layers for my uterine lining with a width of 6mm-9mm (when I am stimulated I usually see a 9mm-13mm). No one in my family suffered infertility before. Also, if this might help, my husband has a good sperm count 126 million with a 60% motility. He has anti-sperm antibodies but it's very low.
So given the above information, please advise me on what to do before my 2nd IVF. What could be the possible problems preventing my pregnancy?
I have few acupuncturists covered by my insurance, so I can visit them for any acupuncture therapy required. I just need your advice before proceeding with acupuncture and my 2nd IVF.